- Film-like, organic look
- Wide exposure latitude
- 14 stops over the entire EI range as measured with the ARRI Dynamic Range Test Chart
- extended, clean highlights
- extremely low noise floor
- High sensitivity
- base EI 800
- adjustable from EI 160 to EI 3200
- internal full spectrum ND filter option
- ARRI color science
- natural color reproduction, especially for skin tones
- excellent color separation
- holds up extremely well when over and underexposed
- 4:3 Super 35 sensor
- ideal for anamorphic lenses
- increased post flexibility for spherical lenses
- Sharp, natural images for HD, 2K or 4K deliverables
With the ALEXA XT cameras (Extended Technology) ARRI is refreshing the ALEXA product line, incorporating new features inspired by feedback from professional users. These features will expand on the benefits that have already made ALEXA such an extraordinary success – highest overall image quality and lowest overall production cost through reliability, ergonomics and efficient workflows.
All ALEXA XT cameras come with the new XR Module (Extended Recording), a side panel that was co-developed with Codex and that replaces the previous SxS Module.
Faster, lighter and more affordable ARRIRAW
The XR Module allows in-camera ARRIRAW recording up to 120 fps onto exceptionally fast and rugged 512 GB XR Capture Drives. This not only makes for a smaller, lighter and more affordable camera package, it also simplifies setup and operation while avoiding unnecessary cabling. The result is an even faster and more reliable way to record ARRIRAW, ALEXA's highest quality image output.
Faster and longer ProRes/DNxHD in-camera recording
In addition to ARRIRAW it is also possible to capture ProRes or DNxHD to an XR Capture Drive for significantly longer recording times as well as ProRes 4444 recording at 120 fps. ProRes 4444 at 24 fps can be recorded for a total time of 107 minutes. And recording onto SxS PRO cards is also possible: with an SxS Adapter it is possible to record ProRes or DNxHD to a single SxS PRO card, thus protecting the inventory of existing cards.
Click here to find out more about ALEXA XT.